Guideline for Abstract submission.
1. Each paid participant is entitled to submit maximum two (2) abstracts for presentation.
2. The presenting author must be registered as a paid participant
3. The research work submitted must be conducted substantially by the applicant. The work has to be original and the abstract must not have been presented in conferences or published previously.
4. Abstracts must be prepared using the template provided (in Microsoft word format) below.
4. Abstracts must be submitted on-line using the provided link.
5. The Scientific Committee will review all abstracts. The Committee reserves the right to select the abstracts relevant to the sessions and decide on the final form of presentation.
6. If the abstract is accepted, applicants MUST register and pay for the conference before 30 June 2018 in order for the abstract to be published or/ and to be eligible for the Student & Young Investigator Section Award.
7. All accepted abstracts from paid participants will be published in in the December 2018 issue of Regenerative Research (http://regres.tesma.org.my), the official online journal of Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine Society of Malaysia (TESMA; http://tesma.org.my/).
8. All correspondence regarding the abstract will be sent only to the presenting author.
9. The closing date for abstract submission is 30 April 2018.
Abstract Template & Format
Authors can submit a brief abstract or an extended abstract.
Template for Brief Abstract (maximum 300 words in one paragraph, followed with Acknowledgement)
Template for Extended Abstract (maximum 3 pages, maximum 2 Figure and or Table; on Tiff format and and preferably colored, min resolution 300dpi).
Only abstracts submitted in Microsoft Word file and not more than 2.5MB in size can be considered.
Authors are responsible to make sure all the text and figures are visible and formatted correctly for reviewers.
The organisers of this event take no responsibility for any published abstracts submitted. Any issues or errors arising from the abstracts are solely the responsibility of the authors.
1. Please choose the categories ORAL or POSTER PRESENTATIONS (In case of 2 submissions from one presenter, only one can be considered for oral presentation)
1. Please notify Secretariat if you would like to be considered for the STUDENT & YOUNG INVESTIGATOR SECTION (SYIS) AWARD and that you have fulfilled the criteria for eligibility.
2. Please indicate/tick one of the fields as listed, for the abstract submitted.
Biocompatibility of Biomaterials
Biomaterials & Bioprocessing
Bioreactor & Manufacturing System for Cell Production
Current Regulations in Cell-Based Therapy
Fabrication of Biomaterials
Gene Therapy & Reprogramming
Natural Products in Regenerative Medicine
Properties of Biomaterials
Regulation & Ethics
Stem Cells, iPSC & Cancer Stem Cells
Traceability & Biovigilance
Tissue Processing & Sterilisation
Tissue & Organ Engineering
3D Printing of Biomaterials
STUDENT & YOUNG INVESTIGATOR SECTION (SYIS) AWARDS
The SYIS Awards are given to authors on the basis of innovation, originality and high impact on tissue banking and health care. The awards will hopefully encourage a high standard of research and scientific presentations among students, young scientists and surgeons.
The first author, who must also be the presenting author, must be 35 years of age or below as of 1 January 2018, and fulfils one of the two criteria below:
1. Students (postgraduate or undergraduate students), or
2. Young investigators (post-doctoral fellow, researchers and lecturers)
If you are interested to participate in the competition, please tick the student and young investigator category and upload your student ID or doctoral certificate as a proof when registering.
A cash prize of and certificate will be awarded to the winners. Three best oral and three best poster presentors will be selected for each of the categories below:
1. Cell & Tissue Banking
2. Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
1. The work submitted may be from any related areas as listed. The work may take the form of clinical trials, surveys, retrospective studies, laboratory experiments or any other form of unpublished original work.
2. Single author paper is encouraged. However, if it is a multiple authored paper, the student / young investigator must be the first author and will be the presenter.
3. The student / young investigator must perform the bulk of the work, which is submitted.
4. The student / young investigator of the selected paper should present the paper at the Conference.
5. The paper has not been published elsewhere.
6. The same submission format applies for those submitting for this award.
1. The abstract will be evaluated on the following criteria:
a) The relevance of the work to research or practice as listed.
b) The scientific merit of the research.
c) Sufficient introduction to justify clear research question.
d) The appropriateness of the methodologies used.
e) The interpretation of results and conclusions.
f) Presentation skills.
g) Ability to answer questions from the judges.
2. Upon the close of abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and eligible abstracts will be assigned to oral or poster presentation sessions (Cell & Tissue Banking, Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine, and Biomaterials) according to the quality of abstracts and the preference of authors/presenters.
3. Finalists for each category will be shortlisted for presentation. All authors will be notified of the status of their abstracts.
4. Abstracts not selected in the running for the SYIS Awards under the recommendation of the Scientific Committee, may be offered to present orally or as poster in the regular non-competition presentation sessions.
5. All results are final; however the scientific committee has the right to alter a decision under special circumstances.
6. If the abstract is accepted, applicants MUST register for the conference before the deadline in order for the abstract to be published or/ and to be eligible for the Student & Young Investigator Section Award.
7. The finalists (oral and poster) must present in a special SYIS oral and poster session respectively during the APASTB2018
8. The presentation component is a 5 minutes oral presentation, followed by 3 minutes of Q&A by the panel of judges.
9. The winners will be announced during the Gala Dinner.
10. The judges’ decision is final.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
- All slide presentations must be prepared in MS Power Point presentation (Windows 7) format only and submit to the Secretariat by email before 20 August 2018.
- Each presenter is required to check their presentation slides at the Secretariat Room. Any changes or editing must be done at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled presentation time.
- Presenters will be informed by the Scientific Committee about their presentation time and duration. Please refer to the Scientifc Programme which is updated regularly in the website.
- For Oral Presenters NOT in the SYIS Competition, time allocated is 12 minutes for presentation, followed by 3 minutes Q&A session.
- For Oral Presenters in SYIS Competition, time allocated is 8 minutes for presentation, followed by 2 minutes Q&A session. The timing is strictly adhered to and will be guided by a timekeeper for each presentation slot. Failing to comply with this may result in presentation marks deduction. The exact presentation time-slot may be subjected to change on the actual day.
- Presenters are expected to be in the venue, at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled time of presentation.
- The session for oral presentation for the SYIS Competition, as follow:Date : 30 August 2018 (Thursday)Time : 11.00 am – 12.00 pmVenue : Ballroom for Tissue EngineeringVenue : Matahari II for Tissue BankingVenue : Cempaka II for Biomaterial
- Results of the SYIS Competition will be announced during the closing ceremony on 30 August 2018 (before Closing Ceremony) in the Ballroom.
- Prizes for the SYIS Competition will be awarded for BEST ORAL PRESENTERS in each category: Tissue Engineering, Tissue Banking and Biomaterials.
- All decisions made by the judging committee for the SYIS Competition are final.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
- Posters should have a clear heading (minimum font size is 28) which includes the title, name and affiliation of the authors. Text should be large enough to be read from a distance of one meter.
- The name of presenting author should be
- Posters should be printed in A1 size: 841 mm x 594 mm, vertical, potrait.
- Poster content must adhere to the following subheadings: – Introduction – Objectives – Methods – Results and Discussion – Conclusion
- Posters must be set up at the Conference venue from 000 –10.00H, 28 August 2018 (Tuesday), according to Paper ID (as Reference no. in the notification letter. Example: APASTB2018:123-456). Presenters are expected to man their posters on the dedicated Poster Viewing Session on 28 August 2018 at 16.00 – 18.00H.
- Adhesive materials for mounting of the posters will be provided by the organizer at the poster display area.
- Poster Judging will be conducted only for selected posters. The details are as following:
- Presenters of the selected posters will be notified on 28 August 2018 (during Registration) to PRESENT during Poster Judging Session, 28 August 2018 at 16.00 – 18.00H.
- Presenters are recommended to be around the poster area at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled time of presentation. Absence of presenter for the Poster Judging is considered as a withdrawal.
- Time allocated is 5 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A
- Results shall be announced on 30 August 2018 (Thursday) during the closing ceremony.
- Prizes will be awarded for BEST POSTER PRESENTER in each Tissue Engineering, Tissue Banking and Biomaterials group.
- All decisions made by the judging committee are final.
- Posters must be taken down on the last day of the conference, after lunch break and no later than 17.00H, 30 August 2018. The organisers will hold no liability to loss or damage of the material.